Solution Focused therapy is about focusing on the solution, as opposed to traditional therapy which focuses on the problem.
- Focus on the first options. What are the first, second, or third signs you see in your dream resolution?
- There are exceptions to every problem. Identify and analyze those to find a solution.
- Look for bright spots. What works?
- Research and investigate those bright spots to see how you can replicate them.
- Change your mindset from “What’s broken that I can fix?” to “What’s working that I can replicate?”
For example, don’t just say you want your family or friends to be more compassionate. Give examples of compassionate acts, words and thoughts they can do for you when you’re feeling depressed. Don’t just say you are going to start a project. Write out a plan to complete it and hold yourself accountable.
Return to the E-Course Main Page for more lessons.
Feeling overwhelmed from this lesson? Need a fun break?
Grab your crayons and print free coloring pages from my Coloring Book page.
Buy the book that inspired this free e-course!
Available as a paperback and e-book on Amazon.com.