Depression manifests for different reasons so parts of this course may be more helpful than others. For me, depression was brought on by violence, trauma and grief. Your trauma may have manifested from a different experience. Please note, I am not a therapist and this is not legal medical advice. My qualifications are based on my certification in mental health first aid, years of research and being a survivor of long term depression.
I created this course based on my own experience of healing my depression. When I first sought help for healing, I didn’t have a budget for therapy and that is why this course is free.
You have two options for this course, either follow the course below on your own or sign up to receive weekly emails lessons for the next ten weeks. Totally free because you deserve to positive mental health.
Course supplies you need:
- Journal and pen: To record what helps you
- Art supplies: To use creativity in your healing
- A desire to heal your depression
- One-Two hours a week of your time
Let’s get started!
Click on the first link below to start the course. You are welcome to pick and choose what you learn by clicking on any link below. This course is separated into lessons, practices, and resources.
Lessons include an action for you to try and are designed to be practiced over a week or longer. Please remember that healing takes time. Depression is a serious illness, and not healed over night.
- One: Choose to Heal
- Two: Balancing Your Emotions
- Three: Your Inner Guidance System
- Four: Enable Forgiveness
- Five: Declutter and Cultivate Gratitude
- Six: Silence and Solitude
- Seven: Communication
- Eight: Nurture Your Self
- Nine: Break Up with Depression
- Ten: Detach from Drama
Resources are designed as tools that you can use anywhere at any time.
Practices are additional actions you can try on your healing journey.
- Practice: Focus on the Solution
- Practice: Surround Yourself with Reminders
- Practice: Bring Creativity into Your Life
- Practice: Laugh Like There’s No Tomorrow
- Practice: Dance to the Farmers Market
- Practice: Write Yourself Love Notes
Please use the Mental Health Resources page for additional support and guidance. I highly recommend researching about depression and if possible participate in a free community mental health first aid class. You deserve to feel healthy!
If the e-course is helpful to you and you know someone who is or may be, experiencing depression, please share this e-course with them.
With Peace and Hugs, Leah 🙂
Buy the book! “D.I.Y. Therapy: Healing Depression as a paperback or e-book on Amazon.com.