Pick up a paintbrush or crayons or just a pencil and express your emotions. Expressive art therapy is a real thing and it is very healing.
- Learn an instrument like guitar, violin, piano or ukulele and create your own music.
- Create an art collage with a positive and encouraging message for yourself.
- Take a bucket of sidewalk chalk out to the streets and write positive messages on the sidewalk.
- Create your own magazine just for yourself or to share with family and friends.
- Paint, sculpt, draw, collage, knit, yarn bomb, take up photography, just do something that moves your spirit into a place of creation.
One of my favorite self-care creative outlets is coloring. When I was feeling desolate about my job search last year I started creating a coloring book full of healthy affirmations because I love affirmations and love to color. It came out so well that I shared it with family and friends so they could add a little positive creativity to their life. Now I make a new coloring book almost every month. You can print out my free coloring books on the Coloring Book page.
Return to the E-Course Main Page for more lessons.
Buy the book that inspired this free e-course!
Available as a paperback and e-book on Amazon.com.