If there’s one thing I want women to take away after they participate in one of my self-defense classes it’s how they deserve to be safe and therefore shouldn’t hesitate to fight back. Society may still teach and expect us to be “nice like sugar and spice” but that hasn’t helped so far. It is time to fight back.
I was taught to use THREE STRIKES if attacked. One strike might cause the attacker pain and two might cause them to stumble, but three will likely disable the predator.
1. Gouge the Eyes! Place your hands in front of you with palms out, make a W shape with your thumbs and fingers and use your thumbs to apply as much pressure as possible to the predators eyeballs. THis will cause pain and make it difficult to see which direction you are run.
2. Kick the Knee! The best strike is kicking the kneecap because knees are only supposed to bend one way and it’s my all time favorite move because of that fact. You can also knock down a predator with a kick to the side or back of the knee. This is a major joint for balance and if you can injure the knee so they are hobbling or on the ground than you will be able to put more distance between you and them.
3. Rip the Ear! Grip the predators ear, dig your nails in and yank that sucker down. This move not only causes intense pain, but it can give you DNA under your fingernails if you choose to report the crime.
4. Punch the Solar Plexus! This area above your naval and below your ribs is super sensitive, you can knock the air out of a person with a strong punch or knee strike.
5. Kick the Groin! This obviously works best with a male attacker, but it can also hurt females. Do a chorus line kick, straight up to the crotch. No need for a fancy karate kick. In fact you will cause more pain by kicking straight up with your toes and hitting the very sensitive testes.
When you’re being attacked you can attract attention by screaming “FIRE”! This word is sadly more effective than screaming “Rape” or “Help”. People hear FIRE and think their own stuff may be in danger as opposed to thinking somebody is jokingly yelling Rape or Help.
You can learn more disabling moves on the Physical Self Defense page.
It’s also important to be mentally strong, which you can learn about on the Emotional Self Defense page.
If you’re in San Diego county call me for a lesson at 760-487-8567.
Pass it on! Give the gift of self-defense with my book, You Can Fight Back: Emotional and Physical Self Defense.
*** *** ***
Preview this book on Amazon.com
Find more empowering books at Amazon.com/Leah-Oviedo/e/B007LMUEJ2
*** *** ***
Ads directly below this post are not endorsed by this blog.