My emotions used to rule my world and send me on rollercoaster rides of manic highs and depressing lows. With a few years of diligent work on my personal thoughts and actions, I’ve been able to balance my emotions so that my ride is now steady with only a dip of sadness now and then. I don’t feel perfect all the time, does anybody? Life after all is a variety of emotions. Being sad or upset isn’t fun, but if we’re careful we can take how we feel and turn that into a lesson for how we react in future situations. Paying attention to our emotions also allows us to better gauge if other people are good to have in our life or if we need to stay clear of them.
1.Pay attention to how you feel. Are you hurt, sad, anxious, unsettled, angry?
2. Choose whether to let that emotion take control. Is this a good time to feel that way or will allowing this emotion to continue cause you more problems?
3. Look at problems from a different perspective. Write down the reason you feel this way and imagine alternate ways you can feel about it.
4. Find a solution or a different path. Choose one of those alternates and go with it. You may need to tell someone to get lost because they are being a jerk or you might be the one who needs to apologize for your attitude.
5. Be patient and loving towards yourself. Accept that you like everybody else, are imperfect. Accept and love yourself for your ability to change, grow, and learn.
6. Focus on feeling good, not constantly excited. Stay balanced with breathing exercises, short meditations, or affirmations. Know that you can only do so much and that it’s okay to just be present in your situation. Work on what you can and think of the future only in terms of how you can solve problems. Don’t focus on concerns or worries because that won’t get you anywhere.
7. Remove bad people from your life. You don’t need those who are negative and insist on pulling you into drama situations. If someone makes you feel bad or unsettled then keep them at a distance. You deserve family and friends who respect you and your boundaries. We are all deserving of happiness despite mistakes we make. With inner peace our lives improve because we aren’t muddled with problems and worries.
If you like this blog check out my books and art at Leahis.com orAmazon.com. If you are looking for a blogger or blogging consultant hire me at my GoFundMe page.
*Ads directly below this post are not endorsed by this blog