I cringe every time I read about some female celebrity who says they want equal rights, but are not a feminist. Ha! Have they been brainwashed as to believe the F word is somehow offensive? It’s a mad mad mad mad mad mad world for sure. So for anyone who is still confused about what a feminist is here is a list so you can tell whether or not someone is a feminist.
- Their skin color is brown/yellow/black/tan/white/beige/ any color.
- The shape of their eyes is small/slanted/wide/round/uneven/or any other shape.
- They do OR don’t shave their legs/arm pits/mustaches/or any hair on their body.
- Their sexuality is LGBTQ/heterosexual/anything they desire.
- They have a vagina/penis/neither.
- They wear mini skirts/high fashion/long dresses/trendy shoes/combat boots/jewelry/makeup or nothing.
- They want a paycheck that is equal to any man’s paycheck for the same job.
- They believe all women should have access to birth control
- They may or may not be pro abortion. (This can be argued many ways depending on the person. Impower You is of course Pro-Abortion/Pro-Choice)
- They believe women and men should both be treated equal despite biological differences.
- They know that neither women nor men are better than the other.
- They don’t refer to other women as slut/bitch/ho/or any other demeaning reference. (Some of us slip up now and the, but we try to be conscious of our words).
- They never EVER blame the victim in any case of rape/molestation/sexual assault/attack .
There may be some traits missing in this list. HOW ELSE CAN YOU SPOT A FEMINIST? Leave a comment below. Keep it respectful or your comment won’t be published.
6 thoughts on “How To Spot a Feminist”
Yes! I am partial to the label of “Egalitarian”. Though I wish the label “Human” meant having an equal respect for all.
Excellent. Love this.
I remember wondering if I’m a feminist when I cringe at the obvious. I now say I’m a supporter of equal rights, and that encompasses a LOT of lables people have ready out there, to stick to you.
Thank you. 🙂
YES! Great addition! Thank you Sanah.
Love it, love it, love it. I, too, have always been frustrated by those who fear the “f” word.
-> They confront sexual harassment and harassers !